Jeffrey J. Richards, Esq.
Jeffrey Richards has practiced law in the State of Colorado for over 25 years, concentrating his practice in the area of civil litigation. He has tried over 50 jury trials in courts around the State. Mr. Richards has focused his practice in the defense of automobile liability, dram shop, and civil DUI litigation, premises liability, insurance bad faith, ski accidents and professional negligence involving pharmacists. Over the years, he has handled high profile cases which have included wrongful death actions and major infectious disease food contamination litigation.
Mr. Richards’s practice also involves the field of international law. Fluent in the French language , he works regularly with individuals and business clients in matters involving France and the U.S. (Link to International page. ) A leader in the international diplomatic community in Colorado, Mr. Richards is the Honorary Consul of France for Colorado, and past head of the Colorado Consular Corps.
- Juris Doctor, 1986, The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts, History, 1980 cum laude, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Colorado State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- International Law Committee, Colorado Bar Association
- Kane v Royal Insurance Company of America 768 P. 2d 678 (Colo 1989)
- Compton v Safeway Inc. 169 P. 3d 135 (Colo 2007)
- Lawson v Safeway 878 P. 2d 127 (Colo app 1994)
- Safeco Ins. v Westport Insurance Corporation 166 P. 3d 251 (Colo. app. Div. 1 2007)
- Safeco Ins. v Westport Insurance Corporation 214 P. 3d 1078 (Colo app. 2009)
- Craven v Southern Farm Bureau Insurance Company 117 P. 3d 11 (Colo app. 2004)
- Country Mutual v Hertz Corporation 981 P. 2d 1118 (Colo app. 1999)
- Colorado Insurance Guarantee Association v Harris 827 P. 2d 1139 (Colo 1992)
- Colorado Insurance Guarantee Association v Harris 815 P. 2d 983 (Colo app. 1992)
600 Grant Street, Suite 620
Denver, CO 80203
Tel: (303) 832-5588 Fax: (303) 832-9265